Help Harvard’s Advanced Leadership Initiative (ALI) identify distinguished leaders
As a member of the University’s alumni community, please help Harvard’s Advanced Leadership Initiative (ALI) identify distinguished leaders for the 2020 ALI Fellowship.
As featured in the New York Times and the Harvard Gazette, ALI is a year-long educational fellowship for highly accomplished leaders transitioning from their primary careers to take on the world's most pressing problems. ALI Fellows focus on education, public health, gender equality, social justice, climate change, and other significant social issues.
Distinctive features of the ALI Fellowship include:
- Cross-University Engagement. The fellowship includes a rigorous core academic program led by distinguished Harvard faculty
- Calendar-Year Schedule. ALI Fellows join Harvard for a calendar year (January-December) with considerable individual flexibility.
- Diverse Experiences, Common Purpose. ALI Fellows have 20+ years of leadership experience and a shared commitment to lasting social impact.
- Emphasis on Action. Fellows focus on outcomes—identifying and making progress on a promising project for social good.
- Partner Program. A spouse or life partner can accompany the ALI Fellow as a program participant.
- Unique Coalition. The ALI experience continues beyond the fellowship year with annual gatherings to foster lasting relationships and impact.
Candidates interested in pursuing the 2020 ALI Fellowship, beginning in January 2020, are asked to “introduce themselves" at https://advancedleadership.harvard.edu/introduce-yourself by March 31 in order to receive first consideration in the competitive selection process. Nominations are also valued and can be made here: https://advancedleadership.harvard.edu/nominate